[nagdu] Allergies as a consideration in getting a guide dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Oct 13 14:25:02 UTC 2012

One of my classmates at TSE had a dog allergy.  She had to sit in the
hallway when we had lectures, and yell her questions in through the
doorway.  But she was OK with her one dog; it was just a roomful that was
a problem.
Tracy

> Great point Jessica.  Also some folks may be allergic to dog spit, skin or
> any other matterial in feces perhapse.  I would say that if one is
> allergic
> to dogs or there microenvironment that folloows them around, then don't
> get
> one!  But, some folks seem to have reactions that they consider minor
> compared to the companionship of the dog.  I wouild have to wonder however
> if one gets symptoms when they are in the room with a dog, how those
> symptoms would intensify while doing the daily grooming or bathing. And of
> course, if your reaction is aniphyllactic in nature, then run from the
> dog!

>>> hypoallergenic. I wonder if any dog really is totally. Larry, I think
>>> you