[nagdu] Input Is Always Encouraged

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 14 22:54:18 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    Ever since I became president of the National Association of Guide Dog Users, I have encouraged member input. One way in which this is done is by holding open board of directors meeting. Our meetings are generally held on the last Sunday of each month and anyone who wishes to observe the proceedings are welcome to join us. Time is allotted for members to offer input but only members of the board of directors have the right to make and vote on motions.
    The decision to institute a five message limit on posts to the list was brought up at our last monthly board meeting and was discussed in depth. Those members not sitting on the board who joined the meeting were allowed to offer input and the board considered this input when making its final decision. I would encourage all subscribers to become members of NAGDU so that their voices can be heard.
    Another way we have opened our virtual doors is by providing a single email address to facilitate communication with and among the board of directors. Sending one message to this address distributes the message to each of the seven members of the NAGDU board. This email address is

Board at NAGDU.ORG

For your information, the members of the NAGDU board of directors are

Marion Gwizdala (Florida), President
Michael Hingson (California), Vice President
Toni Whaley (Pennsylvania), Treasurer
Sherrill O'Brien (Florida), Secretary
Margo Downey (New York)
Julie McGinnity (Missouri)
Tina Thomas (California)

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG