[nagdu] Five Post Limit

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Oct 14 23:07:22 UTC 2012

I think the 5 post limit is an unnecessary rule.   We have rules about
respecting others time by keeping on topic, adding value through
substance, avoiding one line messages and not posting excessive
messages.  I suppose setting the 5 message limit could be seen as
defining what exactly excessive is, but I would assert that excessive is
relative to the discussion at hand.    We sometimes discuss topics that
are a pretty big deal, with lots of viewpoints, perspectives and
information to be shared. I wouldn't want someone to not speak out with
a new idea because they had already shared 5 other good ideas that day.

The vast majority of list members are already very good at conducting
themselves appropriately.  The list members that are breaking the
current rules are most likely not going to be deterred by another rule.
I think the better approach is to enforce the rules on one line messages
that contain no substance that we already had, rather than adding more
rules.

JMHO
Julie