[nagdu] Service dog ID required at Statue of Liberty

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Oct 19 14:24:49 UTC 2012

My sister was in town, so yesterday we decided to play tourist and visit
the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
The security before boarding the ferry demanded to see Ben's service dog
ID.  Luckily, I happened to have it.  I could have argued that it's
totally illegal, but they were in airport police mode, and I was already
having trouble dealing with them, so I just showed the ID.  Not only are
old blind white women known to be terrorists, but we have fake service
dogs as well.  Oh ya.
It is a national park, and it doesn't seem at all right that they are
asking for service dog ID. And there wasn't anything on their website
about ID of any sort.
Tracy