[nagdu] Service dog ID required at Statue of Liberty

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:18:21 UTC 2012

The same thing happened to me when I saw the statue of liberty in
2010.  This was before I understood that it was wrong for them to ask
for ID, so I gave it to them, and there was no problem.  i think that
would be a great place to advocate.

Museum  workers who don't understand about the white cane:  It amazes
me that it still happens.  Did you hear about the child who was told
to give up her cane at a history museum?  I believe she was the
daughter of a member of the Parents division.  These situations are so
sad, but they make me want to educate the public even more.  People
should be informed about us and the tools we use.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16