[nagdu] Buses and guide dogs

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Wed Oct 24 14:12:53 UTC 2012

For the most part we ask the drivers if they would help us to the door
of the buss, and that is it.
They usually put us on first, so we can get settled.
I don't mind this when I have a dog and for this one, it will be his
first time taking a buss, but nothing else has been asked from any of
us than that.
When we get to different stops folks help us go and get sandwiches
things like that.
years ago, Jim and I were traveling to Colorado when it was lunch time.
The driver was babbling about, how you had to hurry for lunch because
she was running late.
So we started to get off and get our lunch thinking we would eat with
the rest of them on the buss.
She wanted to know why we wanted to get off the buss when she just said
she was late.
My reply was, we are going to get our lunch with the rest.
She told me know that we couldn't do it.
I shared I was a diabetic, and needed my lunch.

All we will do is get something to bring back to the buss.
She again said no.
I said,
Excuse me I am getting off the buss. Moving her out of the way so I
could get down the steps.
Well by then she was mad oh so very mad.
Jim followed me, and then she realized that I truly was a diabetic, and
had us staying there for an hour for lunch.
On the way to Denver, she kept calling her buss company saying she was
late because of a diabetic on the buss.
Trust me, not just myself, but others on the buss called the company
sharing, that she had us sitting over an hour in the buss station.
There was no excuse for this at all.
The same driver had other matters going on, her profanity was out of
this world.
She almost got fired.
On the way home again, we had guess who the same driver, saying,
Do you remember me?
We both said how could we forget loll.
For the most part we are very quiet visiting with other passengers on
the buss, but this is the one time I will stand up for myself when it
is time to eat.