[nagdu] SuperStorm

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 29 02:58:00 UTC 2012

Hi, Marsha,
Although I haven't been through a hurricane, I've had close call with tornados here in Colorado and including large blizards.
Best advice I can give as a guide dog user is make an emergency prepareness kit.
Depending on the type of dog food your dot eats, stick a small amount that your dog may need, medications that are as needed or taken daily, grooming supplies, a couple of favorite toys your dog may like the best.
I may be leaving some things out that others would be able to answer.
Most definitely, have a first aid kit on hand for you and dog if he/she were to accidentally get hurt including their human.
Definitely have an emergency plan of action of where you can go for shelter like family, friends and if niehter are around, then a Red Cross agency shelter.
The barometric pressure has been affected here in Colorado to where Odie and I have both been hurting daily.
He has also been really worried about me too.
What others are feeling from this storm, I'm sure things could change in Colorado too quickly.
In fact, I think some have already happened.
Flights of United Airlines have been canceled for the most part, the ones that would be going out to the East Coast.
So, people would have to use Amtrak or Greyhound to get to where they need to be.
Since the Barometric pressure has been causing me to hurt daily, I've resorted to using my power wheelchair way more than it would be for temporary.
Everyyone and their four-legged furry partners and pet canines with kitties stay safe and snuggle together if you have to.
*Smiles*
Bibi