[nagdu] Hurricane Update from GDF

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Oct 30 14:29:20 UTC 2012

Hi All,

We are happy to report that though the Guide Dog Foundation is closed again
today for general business, the Smithtown, NY campus suffered minimal damage
from Hurricane Sandy. There are some trees down and the power is off but we
do have generators for the main administrative/residence building and
kennels that are up and running.

The class that is in its second week now is all safe as are our dogs.

We thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and good wishes and hope to be
open for business tomorrow.

We encourage anyone in storm-affected areas to please be very careful when
going outside. There is a great deal of debris in some areas.  There may
also be downed power lines along your way. If your dog strongly refuses to
go forward, pay attention. It could mean a downed line or other seriously
dangerous obstacle.

If you have boots for your dog, please use them now as there may be a lot of
broken glass, sharp sticks and other debris in your area, even if you are
not directly in the path of the storm. Many areas west of the coast have
also had high winds throughout the night.

Everyone stay safe and thanks again to our amazing staff and all of our
friends out there!

Jenine Stanley
Consumer Relations Coordinator
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind/America's VetDogs http://www.guidedog.org