[nagdu] Signs of being ready to retire

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sat Sep 1 01:05:37 UTC 2012

Hi Rhonda and all,

When I had to retire my previous dog a male German Shephard named Leo do to
having hip dysplasia some of the signs Leo was  showing and telling me  that
he was ready to retire were slowing down. Leo was slowing way down on our
walks and he couldn't walk the distance he once could before. Plus his hips
were bothering him. Also whenever I got ready to go out somewhere, I would
get Leo's harness and leash and call him to me he wouldn't come and he would
turn his head away from the harness when I  Sshowed it  to him. But if I put
the harness down and just have the leash he was right there and wanted to
stillgo with me just on leash but not in harness. So I knew it was time to
retire Leo and Leo was definitely really to retire. I worked Leo for five
years and he was 6 years old when I retired him. He's now been retired for
two years now and he's enjoying his life as a retired LeaderDog living with
a wonderful family. Take care.

Lori and the Gipper