[nagdu] Chris: Reserved dog

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 00:25:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I had to say that Brooks, my former guide, was very much like that.  He required a certain kind of bed.  Which he had to pick out at the store, and once he had that, he was pretty much a lump on it.

he would come and sit in front of the rocking chair I sat in, and not make a sound or move.  sometimes, I could feel his hot breath on my hand, but luckily, I had some sight, so I could figure out that he was just sitting there.

I never knew if he wanted out, or if he just wanted to be stroked.

If he was comfortable in a place we were living.  He would get on his back and writhe around snorting and moaning.  It was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

He was very particular about his boys too.  If he found one he liked, he'd have it destroyed quickly, as he would either kill the squeaker, or just get it out of the toy itself.  The Kong was nothing to him without stuff in it.  I tried everything inside there, and once he got whatever I put in there out, he was done.

the funniest thing about Brooks, was that he would wag his tail in his sleep.  I've been around a lot of dogs, but never in my life, have I seen a dog wag his tail fully in his sleep.  That too was the only time I ever heard him growl too.

Brooks was mostly a lump in his bed or beside our bed.  He was never one to run around too much or lick.  Unless, of course, he had just gotten a drink, and had to come directly to me, and lick both hands, front and back, and then he was satisfied and left to go to his throne.

I liked having a mellow dog for my first dog.  I hope I get one that is more active this time.

Jenny