[nagdu] My concerns about getting a guide dog.....

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 02:27:30 UTC 2012

Hi, Pauline,
Welcome to the group.
i'm Bibi from Denver, Colorado, am married to my husband Dale for over four years, three months and have a retired guide dog from Pilot Dogs.
He's an almost nine-year-old male hybrid German black lab who still feels that he needs to behave like a one-year-old puppy.
It wpi;d be best to talk with many of the guide dog schools out there as many of them have different needs.
Many of the guide dog schools may have someone wear a blindfold during training so you will be able to learn how to trust your four-legged furry partner.
My honest answer here is that I didn't get a guide dog for protection, but moreover, I enjoy the partnership along with loyalty and companionship.
Although Odie retired September 2010, he ended up being put back into work mode as a medical alert service dog.
He has saved mine and Dale's lives medically many times.
I will be looking into getting another successor guide in the future though.
Bibi