[nagdu] Those going into class and others

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 23:56:35 UTC 2012

Hi, Marsha,
Yes, I would be very interested in reading your journal/blog about your experiences and what it will be like to work with a guide dog trained tobe a buide, but also help with balancing.
During a Pet Expo event, Odie and I caught up with someone here in colorado who designs guide dog leashes for Guide Dogs for the Blind, including other service dog schools.
I was able to try out the balance harness on Odie which had a leather piece on the back for immediate guiding and the handle was different than the guide dog harness handle itself.
At the top of the handle, there was leather, but I found it to be neat because it was in an ergonomic position, making it comfortable for your hand to rest on.
I have a guide dog journal group set up as well.
Unfortunately, I haven't posted there a lot since not having a guide dog as of yet.
When I do have a plan to train with a successor, yes, I'll have my entries up there.
The journal is called Guide Dog Tales.
guidedogtales-subscribe at screenreview.org
If that's not the correct link, I believe you can look it up the groups lists.
Boy. I created that two years ago and can't remember the actual subscribe link.
*Sad*
You still have some time to sleep and think about your journal/blog, but I, would, really love to read.
Thanks.
*Smiles*
Bibi