[nagdu] Grooming questions.

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Sep 18 14:20:44 UTC 2012

My Benny has always felt that grooming time is play time, which is funny,
since he's not generally a big player.  He usually grabs a bone when I
pick up his brushes, and I have to hold the bone for him to chew while
he's being brushed.  If he doesn't grab a bone, he goes around in circles
a few times.
I use a stiff bristle brush, a fine-tooth comb, and a soft terrier brush,
which is like a slicker with very short, dull bristles.
I don't think brushing is Ben's favorite thing, but he's OK with it if he
can chew his bone at the same time.  Spoiled?  Oh my no!
He is a black lab.  I brush him every day.  He hasn't had a bath in more
than 2 years.  Brushing keeps him clean and shiny.
Tracy