[nagdu] Distracted by other dogs

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Tue Sep 18 20:31:12 UTC 2012

One thing you can do is make her sit or go through some other obedience steps when she gets excited about the dog.  Forces her to pay attention to you in the fact of a distraction.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

>>> Sheri Anderson <sheri.k.anderson at gmail.com> 9/18/2012 4:04 PM >>>
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Actually, the trouble isn't in my office itself, but outside. When we
leave the office building to walk around in downtown Nashville, eat
lunch or visit local atractions, seems to be the times when she sees
other service animals or pets being walked. I suppose she has decided
its her break as well. Smile!

--
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing
for others?'" Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/vlowery%40dhr.state.md.us

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential. This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.