[nagdu] sound beacon

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:14:48 UTC 2013

I don't know if this is off topic or not.
I'd like to know if there is something I could put out front of my house
that would emit a sound beacon when I get close. We have windchimes, but
apparently they're a hit as several other houses near us have them too.
Putting a radio in the window won't work when the windows are closed.
Any other ideas?
I used to have a device that was kind of like a remote control in that you
would put the receiver outside the house and you'd have a button that you
could press when you were within a certain number of feet from the receiver.
If you heard the sound, you knew you were at the right place. Unfortunately
I can't remember the name of the device and it's now gone into storage
heaven.
If anybody has some ideas separate from the wind cimes or radio solution,
can you let me know?