[nagdu] sound beacon

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Tue Apr 2 15:35:50 UTC 2013

The NFB sells a

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Star Gazer
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 08:15 AM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: [nagdu] sound beacon

I don't know if this is off topic or not.
I'd like to know if there is something I could put out front of my house
that would emit a sound beacon when I get close. We have windchimes, but
apparently they're a hit as several other houses near us have them too.
Putting a radio in the window won't work when the windows are closed.
Any other ideas?
I used to have a device that was kind of like a remote control in that you
would put the receiver outside the house and you'd have a button that you
could press when you were within a certain number of feet from the receiver.
If you heard the sound, you knew you were at the right place. Unfortunately
I can't remember the name of the device and it's now gone into storage
heaven.
If anybody has some ideas separate from the wind cimes or radio solution,
can you let me know?

[Michael Hingson] luggage locator system which consists of something you put
in the baggage you check and a box with a button you carry.  When you push
the button on the device you carry the box inside your luggage emits a beep
loud enough for you to hear even in a crowded airport.
[Michael Hingson]
I use this same technology to locate my house when walking down our
sidewalks.  I can hear the beep from several houses away.

The whole thing costs about $30, again from the NFB Independence Market in
Baltimore.

Best,

Michael Hingson