[nagdu] sleep disorder website

DebandCori debsoundandscent at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 4 23:23:49 UTC 2013

Hello all,

The National Sleep Foundation has asked us to spread the word about a new
website they have just launched to increase public awareness of sleep
disorders frequently experienced by people who are blind.  I will paste the
text of their announcement below.  Please feel free to share this
information with other e-mail lists and publications you have available to
you.

Thanks.

Melanie Brunson

Beginning of Text From National Sleep Foundation

Do you know someone who suffers from constantly changing sleep patterns,
keeping them from a "normal" schedule?

If you know someone who has trouble maintaining a regular job and steady
relationships, or participating in activities he or she enjoys due to
changing sleep patterns, he or she may have Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder
(Non-24). Non-24 is a debilitating circadian rhythm disorder that affects a
majority of the totally blind. Unfortunately, awareness for the disorder,
even among the blind community, is low.

The National Sleep Foundation has created a comprehensive resource center
(non24.sleepfoundation.org) to help you and your loved ones get the facts on
what it's like to have Non-24, including symptoms, diagnosis, and management
of the disorder.

Visit non24.sleepfoundation.org today.

Find Out:

>  What Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder is

>  The prevalence of Non-24 among the blind community

>  Which care options are available for blind individuals

>  Lifestyle changes that can be made to manage the disorder

http://non24.sleepfoundation.org

Connect with The National Sleep Foundation:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalsleepfoundation

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sleepfoundation

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sleepfoundation