[nagdu] First Flight with New Dog

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Sat Apr 13 18:09:14 UTC 2013

Regarding letting the airline know about your dog, though yes it can open
doors for misunderstandings and assumptions, the Air Carrier Access Act
states that you must notify the airline up to 48 hours in advance if you
would like an accommodation such as a specific seat based on the presence of
your dog.

I don't think an airline has challenged anyone about asking for such an
accommodation in the form of asking to change seats from the bulkhead
without notifying them of the dog, but the airline would indeed, as I read
the law, be able to do so if you don't let them know you are traveling with
the dog.

That said, I totally agree that many bulkhead seats don't offer enough space
for the dog and most dogs can fit under standard seats.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems