[nagdu] this list

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:20:40 UTC 2013

List,

As far as Deana question and the naming of schools. I had very good reasons for asking that members do not name schools. By the time I got my message out, the schools had been named. Every single time i ask something from the list, like in this case I do it for a reason, not just because I want members to leave the list. What I did not want to happen is this, a member says, "TSE laid off all of their field reps, now are renovating their dorms, but I can't get follow up services, and .... and ....." fill in the blanks. I understand that prospective students would want to know this. But then what could happen from there is, another member comes up and says. "Yeah TSE is misusing their funds, who cares about a escalator in the dorms, it should be spending on field services, all those poor people who got laid off, who is important here." This is tame in what could have been said. I also understand that graduates were notified of these changes. My point was to keep people from bashing, from spreading gossip, rumors or information that is not entirely true. I am also aware that many graduates of those schools on this list would set them right. People who are reading the list do not know our emotions behind a post or email. Nor can you all imagine how many times a week I have to talk down  off a ledge a member on this list, because they misunderstood what a member said. So now the names are out, you all have said your peace. Lets move on...

As far as members unsubscribing, I am assuming because I posted the list rules. These rules have been the rules of this list for a long long long time. The list is for guide dog users and every thing related. Yes we have a rule about no one line or one word messages, rules about post limits, and the main rule that it must be about guide dogs. If anyone was unclear about what is appropriate for this list, sending me an email to ask would have been good. Every single rule has a reason behind it, they were not just pulled out of the air. Alot of them are common sense. And one last thing, if the NAGDU board sees it fit to revise the list rules, so be it.
I suppose if list members are unhappy with the list and I as a moderator, Marion is welcome to remove me. If the nagdu board see fit to remove me because of unsatisfactory actions on the list, then those things need to be brought to my attention.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone