[nagdu] Naming names

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 20 13:34:11 UTC 2013

Dear All,
    I agree that we should not say inflammatory things about a training
program; however, I also believe training programs should be consumer-driven
and we have a right to know how they are measuring up in the area of
consumer service and satisfaction. For instance, if a training program only
focuses upon keeping donors happy and promulgate negative stereotypes about
blindness in an effort to raise money, consumers have a right to speak out
against such unethical behavior. Likewise, if consumers believe there is
malfeasance in a program, we have a right to speak up about that, as well.I
do not want to engage in program bashing; however, as president of the
National Association of Guide dog Users, I will not walk on eggshells when
it comes to holding training programs accountable for their behavior.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG