[nagdu] coming on command - was no follow up

Eve Sanchez celticyaya at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:06:12 UTC 2013

Daniel, Your story reminded me of the night my pit got out. He roamed
the neighborhood, just checking things out, but he refused to come to
me. Stayed close, but wouldn't come. My neighbor saw that he was out
and came to help. He gives Frisco and Roger, his chihuahua buddy,
treats through the fence all the time and they are good friends.
Wouldn't you know it? Frisco walked right up to him and let Roger, the
neighbor, walk him to the door. I do not think that it is because he
was not me, but rather, that Roger (the human) calls him often for
treats which is a good thing. I call him to do something with him. I
started thinking about this and one of the things I do with my guide
dog all of the time is play fetch. Playing fetch means she needs to
come to me when I call to give me the ball or I won't be able to throw
it again. The dogs learn who calls them for pleasurable things vs.
stuff they may not want to do. Maybe another good suggestion for my
friend and anyone else is to play with the dogs.  I was going to
respond to someone else too, but I have been trying to do this for
some time now with my computer refusing to let me comment and now I
have forgotten what else I was going to say and to who.    Oh yeah, I
am not going to psychoanalyse my friend- whoever that is for. haha
Blessings all. Eve                                       DYOURMINDDMM