[nagdu] where to buy guide dog harnesses

Ken Ace ken at acenovels.com
Sun Apr 21 23:17:18 UTC 2013

Hi Buddy, my name is Ken :)
How is that for a start.
Ken & Ace

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Buddy Brannan
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:13 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] where to buy guide dog harnesses

Oh, no Ken, you misunderstand me completely. I've had a fine experience as a
blind person.well.as fine as it gets, anyway. Sure I've faced the usual sort
of discrimination, low expectations, and the rest, but on the whole, I
wouldn't trade for, say, my wife's disabilities. I'd say that my ability to
choose my own mobility tools has helped, rather than hindered. But I also
know how the government works, and if there'd be a way to make a bureaucracy
more awful, they'll figure it out. No, I'm good with the blindness thing;
clearly we haven't been properly introduced, as my views on this aren't much
of a secret.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY

On Apr 21, 2013, at 6:35 PM, "Ken Ace" <ken at acenovels.com> wrote:

> Buddy,
> I am sorry you seem to have had a very hard time with being
> acknowledged as a person who is visually impaired.
> I didn't have the same experience so I have a totally different view
> of the process. Sorry you had such a hard time. I went through the VA
> for my process and although there were a few hick-ups it wasn't all
> that bad. The hardest thing was that I had to use my own efforts to
> get a Guide Dog but again I didn't find it all that difficult although
> it did take more time than I would have liked.
> I hope you have better luck in the future.
> Ken & Ace

Orlando.
>>> Mary

>>> n