[nagdu] question about bags and relieving harnesses

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 22:41:14 UTC 2013

Hi.

Ace has a lot of anxiety about going to the bathroom on route. He'll walk a little bit and then stop, thinking he has to go. I'll take his harness off and give him the chance to relieve, but he won't. We can do this several times on route. Sometimes, he'll stop completely, and it takes forever to get him to move again.

The relieving harness seems to relieve a lot of that anxiety. Now, he actually relieves when he stops. We don't have to stop and start many many times as we're trying to walk down the block. So far, it's made a world of difference.

Shannon and Ace
Shannon Dyer
Alumni Council Member,
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc
®  and
America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
Providing "Second Sight" ® since 1946
371 E. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
Office: 631-930-9000, Toll-free: 866-282-8047
solsticesinger at gmail.com
To make a donation that can change a life...contact the Guide Dog Foundation at
www.guidedog.org
or America's VetDogs the Veterans K-9 Corps at
www.vetdogs.org
Visit us on facebook at:
www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation or www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs