[nagdu] Takeing bart train with a guide dog.

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Apr 27 14:20:28 UTC 2013

Hi Rhonda.
I did some training on BART, when I was at GDB.  It's like a subway, not at
all like paratransit.
We went down into the station, paid our fare at the turnstile, went in, and
caught the train.  One has to be careful to stay away from the platform
edge.  One may have to take a big step to get in the train; at least, in
subways I know well, there is sometimes a gap between the platform and the
train.  And one has to listen to the dog.  Many times, I've thought the
train had pulled in, and told the dog to go forward inside, and the dog has
looked at me like I'm crazy, because the train is not there at all; it's
across the way.  Good dog!
Tracy