[nagdu] Thunder Shirt topic

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Fri Aug 2 16:26:14 UTC 2013

Yeah, interesting about the static and how the Storm Coat works. We
looked into the Thunder Shirt for Daisy when it first came out, and I
know a few people who have had really good results on the 4th of July
with dogs that freak over the fire works. Daisy got past her extreme
fear of thunderstorms and also got pretty easy about the fireworks
towards the end. We did a lot of work with her, though, and went through
much Rescue Remedy to calm her enough to do positive stuff.

Apparently, the Thunder Shirt applies a calming pressure to relieve
anxiety, making it more generalized than something like the Storm Coat.

My silly poodle adores thunderstorms and loves to fly in the wind and
catch all the smells and all that. She's completely blase about
fireworks. So now I wonder if her coat doesn't get as much static or if
she finds the static exhilarating. /lol/ The cool thing is that the
monster pup, after showing some initial nervousness, has picked up
Mitzi's attitude about both storms and fireworks. We don't have massive
thunderstorms here, but we have more than when we were in Portland, and
they are a little more exciting. /smile/ I like thunderstorms, too, so
all three of us girls can enjoy when they come.

Tami