[nagdu] NAGDU Responds to Petition to Ban Online Sale of Service Animal Gear

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 19 17:41:27 UTC 2013

Dear All,

                A  petition has been recently circulated from Canine
Companions for Independence (CCI) that seems to have the support of other
service animal training programs. This petition is asking the U.S.
Department of Justice to ban the online sale of service animal gear in an
effort to stem the proliferation of the use of what the writer is calling
"fake service animal gear". The National Association of Guide dog Users Inc.
(NAGDU), A STRONG AND PROUD DIVISION OF THE National Federation of the
Blind, has written an official response to this petition. We would like to
encourage those interested in this issue to read our response and make
comments on our online blog. You can read our comment by visiting our
Wordpress blog at

http://harnessup.wordpress.com

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789 (Office)

888-NAGDU411 (Hotline

President at nagdu.org