[nagdu] Cow Femur Bones, Yay or Nay?

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:37:32 UTC 2013

Hi Tonia,

I think it's fine to give our dogs a variety of chews, but of course
it's ideal to supervise them at first with a new type of bone, or any
new toy really. My dog gets cow femurs and has never splintered one, and
neither have the 3 guides before her. I don't give rawhide because dogs
can choke on that, and also because it can expand in their intestines
causing bloat, but otherwise any chew that lasts a while and is
sufficiently durable is fair game in my house.

Shanna