[nagdu] What about registering service dogs with the DOJ?

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:29:46 UTC 2013

First of all I am not in favor of any type of certification. I do think
registration identification might be the way to go.If the DOJ could be in
charge of handing out a specific type of service dog tag at a fee of say,
$10 to register your service dog.Say you must have a letter from your
doctor that you do indeed have a disability and a certificate from your
trainer,or in the case of an owner trainer,a log of the hours of training
you accomplished and a list of the tasks the dog does to mitigate your
disability,and or maybe the Canine Good Citizen test in order to register
with the DOJ.If you have a School trained dog and wanted to register with
the DOJ, maybe the school ID would be the only proof you would need for
registration.This would not be mandatory, but only if you wanted to
register your service dog.I don't think that people who fake their dogs
would go through all that for a registration ID tag.This would Identify a
DOJ registered service dog.There might be some fakes that get through but
it would certainly cut down on them.If the tag were to get lost, a fee of
$5 could be charged to get a replacement tag.This is merely a suggestion.
Mardi and Shaman and Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/