[nagdu] my new guide dog!!

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 21:07:00 UTC 2013

It's my understanding that "English" Labs are very similar to American
show line Labradors, stockier with boxier heads and usually calmer in
temperament. The other type of Labrador, field trial Labs, are taller
and leggier with a good deal more drive and energy.

Having said that, I believe also that dogs bred at dog guide or other
service dog programs are kind of their own entity altogether. Guide dog
schools don't really focus on one type/line of any given breed, to my
knowledge. Their primary goal is to breed dogs with similar
temperaments, so really, dogs specifically bred for service work have
almost become a breed all their own, if that makes sense.

Shanna and Diamond