[nagdu] Changing the rules when you get home

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:01:42 UTC 2013

I tend to let my dog just pause briefly at up curbs too. I live in an
area with very fast-moving traffic, and so I feel a bit safer getting us
out of the street as soon as possible. Stairs are different, as with my
other health issue, I sometimes need more time to get my balance. I am
kind of strict about my dog working all the way to the down curb at all
corners. Doing moving turns right at the up curb happen a little more
often, especially in familiar areas.

My dogs also never stayed on the school foods, and all of them save one
worked in a prong collar for a time. Oh, and I've also used toys as
rewards instead of food in some cases, but mainly with my current dog,
who will happily skip whole meals in order to play fetch. :D

I've used other equipment with my current dog also, but that was for
off-lead work primarily, and not for harness work.

Shanna and Diamond