[nagdu] OT: Update

Jessica Diaz PC jldiaz421 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:44:02 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

Welcome to all newbies, I don't get out here except on weekends because
during the week I am too tired from working on the phone with government and
military employees all day smiles. I have Saunders and his birthday is this
Tuesday. He will be 5 and it feels like yesterday that I brought him home
from Oregon. We have went on many many adventures. We are about to make a
move to Alexandria VA from Fairfax and are very excited. Last week, we had
our first mobility lesson to the new apartment complex which is right down
the block from a metro. Can we say finally? No more almost 2 hour commutes
to work each way anymore for me. My hubby has a driver since he is an RT.
This place is so nice and it better be because the rent let's say is a good
bit higher than where we are now. There is a set of steps leading up in to
the complex from the street and the instructor and I both agreed we would
want to come up them so that Mr. Saunders can have a target place. Our
complex is actually hidden away with nothing close by except industrial
places, a huge trash plant, and a large trucking facility. There is no
landmark for me to tell where the main entrance is to get in to the place
and the steps work better because they are closer to my building then coming
from the driveway area close to the leasing office. After walking the 10
minutes' walk to and from the subway twice, my boy had it. He stopped at the
steps and took me through a breezeway, around a courtyard, and to our new
door. This place is also awesome because the mailboxes are at the opening of
each breezeway between the buildings. This week we will run through that
route and then work on from the subway station to a grocery store. The bad
thing about the new place is we are not really close to stuff like stores
and all. We fell in love with the small community feel of the complex and
with how close it was to this subway station. My hubby got the good news
that he is excepted to Guiding Eyes and leaves the first weekend in Feb. We
are so excited and found a coworker at his office who is taking Mr. Figby. I
will miss that dog more than words but he def. is slowing down. He works
good for the hubby but just doesn't like that getting in and out of cars all
day thing like he use too. He sleeps a lot on the weekends to and doesn't
really want to get up for anything except food hitting a dish smiles. Got to
love these labs. Right before Christmas when we fly to Florida is when we
will be saying our goodbye to him. His new family thought since they had
time off over Christmas too, it would be good to help Figby get adjusted. We
also agreed to dog sit whenever they need us. Moving day is the 7th of Sept.
and my mother in law is flying in from PR next week to help. She is awesome
and loves traveling all around in her retirement. Saunders is well though
for some odd reason when we got back from Nashville, he woke me at 3 AM for
a few nights needing to go out. This never had happened before but it evened
itself out so I guess he just was adjusting. I have rambled to much so will
go now.

Jess, Alex, Saunders, and a sleeping Figs