[nagdu] Dogs for autism

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Aug 28 15:06:27 UTC 2013

Mike, or anyone, you said you'd been to CCI and heard about dogs trained to
help autistic children.  I'd be real interested to know what they do.  Often
what I hear makes them seem like emotional support animals, with their only
training being basic obedience and house manners.  That seems like a scam to
me, to charge a family thousands of dollars for a dog that any competent
trainer could pick out at the shelter and train fairly quickly.  So I'd
really like to know what these dogs do, task-wise.
Tracy