[nagdu] 7th anniversary

Julie Phillipson jbrew48 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 30 21:01:47 UTC 2013

Wow congratulations Tracy – that's a real milestone I hope you guys stay together for a while more take care and Miko

Julie PhillipsonSent from my iPad

On Aug 30, 2013, at 2:09 PM, "Tracy Carcione" <carcione at access.net> wrote:

Next week marks 7 years of Benitude!  7 years ago this weekend, I worked Echo over to the diner for a nice breakfast, came home, hung up her harness for the last time, and took off for The Seeing Eye during a tropical rainstorm that ended up knocking down trees and wires at home.  Jim Kuch had just started as TSE president.  I think his first official duty was to welcome my class. That was quite a class.  2 guys were sent home in disgrace for failing to act like civilized adults.  1 dog decided the guide dog gig wasn't for him, and showed it by starting a dogfight, and, next day, walking up to the edge of a subway platform and looking over the edge.  It was the most eventful class I've had since my first class at GDB, where one guy was a psycho and physically attacked another guy for turning down the radio.  I sure hope my next class isn't quite so full of drama.
Ben and I took a long time to become a good working team, about 2 years. And now we're in that sweet spot, where we know each other very well and work together as a real team.  Older dogs are the best.  The trouble is, it doesn't last as long as I'd like.  Here is where I envy a horse guide's longevity.
I'm not telling him, but Ben has totally earned his pension with full benefits.  He's entitled to spend his days lying on his back on the bed, if he wants, but I hope he will want to give me another year before retiring to the lazy life.
Here's to you, my handsome boy!
Tracy