[nagdu] new dog food...

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Aug 31 15:43:31 UTC 2013

Daniel,

Too many choices! I know what you mean.

So when Mitzi was young, I was lucky to have some really great private
pet stores around where I could ask questions like there was no
tomorrow. The nearest one was owned by an animal nutritionist who
specialized in raw diet and premium dog foods. So I ended up trying a
number of formulas to see what Mitzi would like and what worked. So I
settled on Wellness and fed that until I switched to a grain-free
formula when she was about 2. Innova, I think it was.

When I moved out to the 'burbs, it was harder to find the brands I used.
For a time, both dogs were eating Iams, since that was what DD was
feeding Daisy. Then Daisy turned out to have allergies, so we went to
Natural Balance Duck and Potato. We noticed a real difference in the
coats of both dogs, and also more energy in both. So that's what we
still feed.

I'm thinking of changing to the Lamb and Rice, since I hear too much
potato can be a problem. I haven't found any actual info about the
potato thing, but haven't looked that hard. We give them raw potato,
too, and sometimes cooked potato, so that's a lot of potato for the dogs.

Tami