[nagdu] Dogs at work

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Tue Dec 3 04:32:56 UTC 2013

Would it be just your coworkers going around the crate or would it be the
public? Either way, I would be sure to explain all of the rules to your
coworkers, and, if people other than your coworkers are going to be near the
dog, you might consider asking your coworkers  to keep an eye out for people
trying to interact with your dog.
To add to what others have said, yes, your dog needs to be near you.
Especially in the beginning, it would probably help if the dog was close
enough to hear you or something. Some dogs get separation anxiety, but this
usually goes away over time. Also, if you explain the situation to the
school, they can try to give you a dog that does not have this; however, it
is something that can develop. As far as how long between going to see your
dog, I would say no more than three hours, preferably only two or less. Are
you always busy at work, or are there some slower times where you could take
a minute to see your dog without disrupting the work flow?
Finally, on a slightly different note, is there somewhere at your work where
you can get water for your dog and take him/her out to relieve? If there is
not one already, you may want to request an outdoor garbage can near the
place that you would take your dog. Oh...and one with a lid.
If you don't want to take a full sized water bowl to work for your dog,
collapsible bowls come in all shapes, sizes, and materials. And, if you
don't even want that, then a good old disposable plastic bag works just fine
as a one time water bowl.

Nicole and Lexia