[nagdu] Tailing Thumping was RE: dog problems

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Dec 8 19:07:45 UTC 2013

Lexia does the tail thump thing, too. However, it is a game rather than her
disobeying, and she comes if I call her in a firmer voice. When OMally
thumps his tail, is it in response to a certain thing? Have you called him
by name and/or used the word come? Maybe you could try something like, if he
thumps his tail, go over to him and lead him to the place from which you
were trying to call him. Then send him back to his blanket or bed and call
him again, and, if he comes, praise and reward him. Eventually, he will
realize that he will have to go through this exercise every time if he
continues to disobey.