[nagdu] Winter Apparel For Dogs

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 18:58:57 UTC 2013

Every time I have seen dogs wear boots for the first few times they do the funny boot foot shake.  that is them trying to decide what they are for.  I dog trainer gal I listen to on my local radio station said, If the dog really doesn't like the boots, try putting the boots on in the house first and give treats, praise all that, then when it is really cold, put the boots on the dog and send him outside for a while, call him in and take the boots off and back outside.  let him out there a bit, and back inside and put the boots on and then back outside.  she said many dogs will get that the boots make their feet feel better.  I don't know if it would work for every dog, but if you have a night with not much to do, you could try it.

Barb