[nagdu] dog day stories

Danielle Larsen dnlarsen75 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 05:21:28 UTC 2013

My dog day was pretty special
I am an owner trainer and despite everything that is "supposed" to go down this is what happened
I found trinity online as a fluke thing and immediately LOVED her like I have never loved anything
My roommate and I both said no more dogs but I asked if I could meet her
She said no at first and when we were talking about guides later I said I wanted to owner train and the traits I wanted
She was like oh sooooo like triniry? I hadn't even made te connection

We were. Walking into our work building and she told me to apply for her
It was the most exciting day of my life
It took awhile but my application was approved
The day I found out I was so happy I could cry
The day she came to me I was a nervous mess. The woman who had her pulled up out front and I walked outside
Trinity jumped out of the back of her car. She was perfect
I asked if I could per er and she said yeah
I knew immediately there was no going back
Guide dog or not this wonderful dog was staying
She had such gratitude and love for life
The woman walked her in and she talked with our family for awhile
She let go If the leash and trinity immediately came to me and leaned against me. Later finding her timid ness of new people this was only even more shocking... But I was head over heels crazy for her

I signed a trial adoption and three hours later said I had to keep her. No matter what she was amazing and I could never let her go

Day two we hit the ground running and the rest is history
Ten months later she's almost completely trained, a competent worker and my best friend

Normally shopping around and finding the best guide is ideal but everything about this was just so natural
She's a natural guide, and our bond was strong and immediate, even if she hatred guiding I couldn't give up a dog like this one

It was the best day of my life so far... And it's going to be hard to compare to any other :)

Loving your stories all
Stay warm!!
Love and tail wags,
Danielle and Trinity