[nagdu] Donations pour in for New York City blind man saved by guide dog after subway fall

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:21:17 UTC 2013

Hi Abby. SSI is a different animal from SSDI. You may like that better, and
I'd suggest you apply for it.
As for your pup, you've got a couple options.
First, have Leader Dog deal with it. It's their dog at least legally.
If you don't want to do that, write me off-list. My sister is a vet tech.
I'll explain the surgery to her and she can give you a price point. The vets
you're talking to should be able to explain the difference in prices. Might
one vet be a student vet and the other isn't? The higher cost vet may also
not be interested in the surgery so priced himself or herself out of the
market. Vendors of all shapes do this.
Of course you want to look at the rationale behind a very low bid as well.
Email me off-list if you'd like and we can talk. This shouldn't be your
dragon to slay alone.