[nagdu] [nagdu help

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Feb 8 17:16:07 UTC 2013

If I can weigh in here with a noncommittal response…

While "a few years" might be a little long to wait to take your dog to a concert, seeing how we really only get to work them for "a few years", it's possible that my definition of "a few" might be a bit longer than Rhonda's.

Of course, the real answer is "know your dog". If you haven't been together very long, it might not be a good idea to throw him right into a loud venue, unless you've got an easy out if it becomes apparent that he can't handle the noise or distractions. We, of course, not knowing your dog, can't really advise in more than a general way.

I, for instance, would never have taken Chet to the local amusement park. Too much crap on the ground, and he'd be too tempted. I did, however, take him to Disneyworld, but we kenneled him when we visited the animal kingdom. I feel fairly sure I could take Leno to any of these things. So it really is just a matter of knowing what your dog's limitations are, what he can and can't handle. If you don't know that, you'll want to find out, but do so in a safe environment that you can get out of if you need to, or with the tools to calm your dog should it be necessary.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY