[nagdu] nfb quiz

JULIE PHILLIPSON jbrew48 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 14 04:13:39 UTC 2013

the estimate is around 5% but it is a hard number to pin down because there
is so much turn over all the time with people retiring dogs or  for what
ever reason going back to a cane or just being between dogs.  If you think
about it how many dogs can all the schools put out in a year and then
multiply that number by how many years that dog is working.  Its a pretty
subjective number to come up with.  When I first started using a guide dog
the estimate was 3% so now it is 5%.  Its pretty amazing that it is such a
small number but that still translates to a bunch of us out there with dogs.