[nagdu] nfb quiz

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Feb 14 12:51:06 UTC 2013

Dar,

I've heard that only about 10% of blind people use guide dogs, but I
can't remember where that number came from.  It could be wrong and I
think it was only an estimate in the first place.  Whatever the number
it is pretty low.   The national conventions draw around 2000 people and
I think 200 guide dogs is pretty close, but I don't think anyone
counts.  At my state convention there were 4 guide dog handlers and I'd
say there were around 100 people there, but again that number is a guess.

Julie