[nagdu] Just heard on news12 last night that Congresswoman Gabby Giffords has a dog from GDF continued

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Thu Feb 14 19:29:30 UTC 2013

HI Dar,

The harness used depends on what kind of support the person needs. The
regular guide dog harness body might have a fixed handle, bolted to the body
piece at about a 45 degree angle for stability, or it might have the balance
handle, a square handle that goes over the back strap and sticks up for help
with balance or curbs or stairs. The guiding is then done via the leash.

America's VetDogs is a program within the Guide Dog Foundation that trains
guide and service dogs for veterans and active duty service members of the
Us Military and certain First Responders. If you were a veteran and came to
get a guide dog from us, your harness would have a patch for America's
VetDogs instead of the stamp for Guide dog foundation.

Our service dogs may have a combination of harness, vest and pack depending
on someone's needs. The vest and pack have the VetDogs logos on them.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems