[nagdu] Just heard on news12 last night that Congresswoman Gabby Giffords has a dog from GDF continued

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Feb 14 20:13:56 UTC 2013

Thanks, Jenine! That's fascinating information. Most of what I know of
what some cross-trained guide/service dogs do is from blind
owner-trainers with multiple disabilities who customize their own dogs.
A lot of them seem to have gotten into the do-it-yourself gig because it
has been so difficult to get a cross-trained dog when one of the
training areas you need is for guiding for blindness. So I'm glad to see
a professional level cross over!

Neat stuff!

Tami