[nagdu] Lions Club and support

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 21:00:18 UTC 2013

Thank you for posting Marilyn.
Our Chapter is near Marilyn's I have belong to Central Islip and now the Brentwood Islanders.
And we volunteer sometimes at the same functions as well.
But, I know that during this past Hurricane Sandy and also the Hurricane, that the Lions have helped out in both. Especially to the Blind out here on Long Island.
There aren't to many services on Long Island for the Blind, SILO (Suffolk County Independent Living Organizations )where Marilyn works, NFB and  the other organization.
All other services are in Nassau County or in the city, so there are very few options for all of us here, so yes NFB is here for us on Long Island, and I have been trying to start a Suffolk County Chapter, since it is hard to get to our chapter on Sundays in Nassau, and we also have a Chapter at Large for NY State Now.
What does this have to do with Guide Dogs. Everything!
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.