[nagdu] Dogs in the Jakes

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 14:01:22 UTC 2013

Well put Cindy!  At Pilot, we took the dogs in there with us.  We kept there water under the sink and practiced keepping them with us while using the Jakes.  But, those things were clean and didn't have doors under them.  Also,, noone was watching us in there, thank the Lord!  So, largely that ppart of the training is up too us.  I don't have Holly find the accessible stalls because I know that they are at one end or the other.  If they are full, we just cram in!!  There have been a couple of occassions where I tried to enter a stall and Holly refused.  Sometimes because the stall is too small and once because the thing was flooded! As far as which way the door swings, well that can't be helped and it sometimes takes our dogs by surprise!  I think I did mentioned my urinal incident at Metro with urinals.  The short of it was: we didn't train for that@! Sence the urinals aren't in stalls but in lines and at Detroit Metro Airport, they are rather long lines.  I had to stop in there and realized that, I could have a issue!  I began to worry that I'd be using the thing and Holly would sniff the dude next to me and he would take offense!  Well, I found a end one and things turned our all right but talk about being nervous!  Interestingly enough, I related this incident to a friend who also uses a dog and he told me not to use urinals ever again!  Still do though.  Only issue I had was last year at our convention, Holly tried to use one as a water bowl!  Not good!  She was corrected as usual.  Just life as usual!  Can't get used to those furry little children being totally perfect!@!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!