[nagdu] The Habit of Independence

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Jan 3 19:41:05 UTC 2013

Tracy,

Oh, my! That's kinda what I'm finding here, although admitting that I'm
battling myself to get out alone more is because I got too in the habit
of not doing that when we lived on the Road of Certain Doom.

The title Habit of Independence is very apt.

For the record, I did not -- *did* *not* -- just admit that I let myself
get into the habit of dependence. I never said it! /lol/

With a partner, of course, getting back to a healthy habit of
interdependence can be tricky. Which also, I am finding, affects the
guide dog. He wants to protect and can allow that to turn into
interference. The dog, again, manages to deal much better than the two
of us. /lol/ We're all getting back into the swing of better balance now
that our lives are settling down into a sort of balance after a pretty
scrambled year.

I'll have to look for that article. Sounds like something that applies
to me! /smile/

Tami