[nagdu] Reply to Tammy and Sanchez

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Jan 9 19:55:59 UTC 2013

Jimmy,

He sounds awesome. I'm glad you had such a great experience! I've always
dreamed of a GSD from TSE for when I got around to needing a guide... So
I ended up with an owner-trained poodle! Whom I adore and who has gotten
me hooked on non-shedding dogs. So that's the only reason GSD doesn't
remain as high on my list of breed choice as it used to. /smile/

Oh, since I am a clicker trainer, I meant to mention that I enjoyed
reading the training article you posted about saying things twice.
Naturally, I make every mistake mentioned and then some. /lol/ How my
critters ever get trained is truly beyond me to know. I keep thinking I
have it figured out, but then I happen to notice what I am actually
doing with all that study and knowledge and, well... I think Mitzi just
guides me around like she does to humor me. Teehee.

I'm just sorta making fun of myself there. My critters of  whatever
species pick up on a ton of body language, most of which I don't seem to
be aware. And I do consciously use hand gestures (with the dog and with
horses) as well as balance and leg signals with horses... It's only when
I really concentrate on training technique/method to improve my skills
there that I realize the extent to which my animals have trained me over
the years when I was pretty sure I knew what I was doing to train them.
/lol/

Oh, I know some guide dog users who were thinking of moving to Tennessee
then ended up in another state entirely. Hope you find others to get
your new chapter going!

Tami