[nagdu] Dog washing

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon Jan 14 22:07:21 UTC 2013

Larry,

DD calls her a sheep with teeth! /lol/ Or a wolf in sheep's clothing.
/smile/ I love the mental image of Pez as a walking cottonball. In the
winter, when I really go nuts combing out Mitzi's longer coat, she does
increase in size quite a lot. Then when I finally break down and get her
to the groomer, she comes home tiny!

She doesn't have a natural doggy odor, but you are not kidding about
what happens when she gets into something stinky. /shudder/ In this
family, we will never forget the Swamp Monster Affair of '09... It was
some time before I could take my guide dog to town, I assure you! In
normal circumstances, however, even over in rainy western Oregon, the
rain just freshened the scent of her latest shampoo. /smile/

She loves the great outdoors, and the great outdoors loves her and comes
in the house with her. As I recall, that is part of the reason why I
took to olive oil as a conditioner/detangler. It's great for getting
burrs out of horse tails, so I tried it on the poodle and have been
using it ever since! It's also a good tonic for human hair, actually, so
long as you don't overdo and find yourself unable to go out in public
until you've shampooed a few more times. /lol/

You've just reminded me, though, that I'm going to have to remember to
have her done with "clean feet" for her spring and summer groomings out
here. Between the clingy mud from the yard or sidewalkless routes, we
have tons of extra types of burrs and stickers for her to pick up,
especially when we get into all the good hiking here. Leaving her feet
more natural for snow works well, as it provides some protection and
traction, or seems to. But in a few months, I am going to have a serious
Grooming Issue if I don't pay attention. /shudder/ Oh, well, if I ever
get it all figured out, that will be boring. /grin/

Tami