[nagdu] Dog washing- video "Washing a dog the disabled way"

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:37:51 UTC 2013

Dailyah,

I think this is great. Despite this is a list for guide dog users, there are many of us who have multiple disabilities. My previous guide would fight me to bath her. I haven't with my new guide/SD.

I mean, maybe that is a good way for the public to learn that we as blind persons can do things sighted persons can do. I know alot of sighted persons surf youtube. They might happen on your video, and say, "Wow I didn't know that person could do that". If the video was done in a positive way. It might be an idea for someone on this list to do a video of a blind person washing there dog, but it would not have to be just that.

Maybe I'll be in trouble for saying this is a good idea. But as many of you all know the sighted public has such misconceptions of what the disabled/blind can do. Why not take advantage of youtube. And maybe there are alreadyvideos out there like that, if there please let me know.

Thanks for sharing,

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com